Shakespeare's Globe On Screen 2013
Participating Cinemas: Palace Electric Cinema
ON SALE SOON
Shakespeare's Globe is returning to the cinema, releasing three productions from the hit 2012 theatre season in cinemas throughout the USA, Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
The Globe on Screen 2013 season launches globally from late May and includes Henry V, Twelfth Night, and The Taming Of The Shrew. Originally staged at Shakespeare's Globe in 2012, the three productions are shown in their entirety on screens in hundreds of local cinemas. Offering a truly distinctive cinema experience and the very best seat in the house, this season is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the unique charm of the world famous Globe Theatre and these critically acclaimed performances.
Globe on Screen harnesses the magic that draws people to the home of Shakespeare year after year. The three titles in this limited season give cinema audiences around the world a thrilling, up-close experience of the Globe from the comfort of their seat.
2013 SEASON PROGRAMME
Shakespeare’s masterpiece of the turbulence of war and the arts of peace tells the romantic story of Henry’s campaign to recapture the English possessions in France.
Screening June 1 & 2
Twelfth Night combines cruelty with high comedy and the pangs of unrequited love with some of the subtlest poetry and most exquisite songs Shakespeare ever wrote.
Screening June 22 & 23
The Taming Of The Shrew
Shakespeare’s most outrageous comedy, The Taming of the Shrew introduces one of theatre’s great screwball double-acts in a notorious battle of the sexes.
Screening July 20 & 21
Adult $27 / Concession $24 / Movie Club $24 / Senior $22 / Child $15 Groups of 20 or more $20 / Family Pass (2 Adults 2 Children or 1 Adult 3 Children) $60 Tickets on sale at the box office, and online.
- Babes in Arms at Norton Street (NSW)
- Movie Luncheons at Palace Cinemas (VIC)
- New York Metropolitan Opera: Season Ten (NSW)
- Britain's National Theatre Live 2016 (VIC)
- Babes In Arms at Palace Electric (ACT)
- Byron Bay Cinema Closure (BYRON)
- Vintage Classics Norton Street 2016 (NSW)
- Vintage Electric 2016 (ACT)
- Alice Through The Looking Glass: 3D Preview Screening (SA)
- Babes in Arms (QLD)
- Babes in Arms Melbourne (VIC)
- THE ROOM [M] - Late Night Season Back by Popular Demand! (SA)
- Palace Opera & Ballet: 2015-2016 Season (ALL)
- EXHIBITION: Great Art On Screen (Season Three, 2016) (SA)
- Vintage Centro 2016 (QLD)
- Money Monster $6 Golden Movie Club Screenings (ALL)
- New York Metropolitan Opera: Season Ten (2015-2016) (SA)
- The Age Subscribers Exclusive Event: Money Monster Opening Night with Prosecco on arrival (VIC)
- The Sydney Morning Herald Subscribers Exclusive Event: Money Monster Opening Night with Prosecco on arrival (NSW)
- New York Metropolitan Opera: Season Ten (2015-2016) (QLD)
- Goldstone Q&A Event with Aaron Pedersen and Ivan Sen (VIC)
- Everybody Wants Some Movie Club Previews (VIC)
- St. Peters and the Papal Basilicas of Rome (SA)
- St. Peter's and the Papal Basilicas of Rome 3D (QLD)
- Britain's National Theatre Live (SA)
- Royal Shakespeare Company Season 2016 (SA)
- Royal Shakespeare Company 2016 Season (ALL)
- Branagh Theatre Live (SA)
- Branagh Theatre Live (QLD)
- New York Metropolitan Opera: Winter Encores 2016 (SA)
- Turandot on Sydney Harbour (SA)
- New York Metropolitan Opera: Season Eleven (2016-2017) (SA)