Participating Cinemas: Palace Cinema Como, Palace Brighton Bay
The AICE Israeli Film Festival is spreading its wings in 2012, taking the best of Israeli cinema across Australia to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. Produced by Palace Cinemas and the Australia Israel Cultural Exchange the ninth AICE Israeli Film Festival will screen more films over more days than even before, with an expanded program of some of the best Israeli films from the last twelve months.
The exciting selection of films in this year’s program reflects the growing success of the Israeli film industry, which has developed a voice, a character and identity of its own. The 2012 AICE Israeli Film Festival features prizewinners from prestigious festivals including Sundance, Berlin, Karlovy Vary, Jerusalem and San Sebastian, as well as winners from the 2011 Ophirs (Israeli ‘Oscars’).
This year’s festival is proud to present a focus on celebrated actor Moshe Ivgy and his films with And on the Third Day, Metallic Blues, The Investigation Must Go On and Out of the Blue alongside his latest feature, My Lovely Sister.
Friday 7 September, 8.45pm, Palace Cinema Como.
Sunday 9 September, 2.30pm, Palace Cinema Como.
Saturday 8 September, 8.45pm, Palace Cinema Como
The documentary program includes the multi award-winning Dolphin Boy, about a boy traumatised by a violent attack who participates in a rehabilitation program in the Red Sea;The Love Lost Diaries, about a woman reading the WW2 diary of her former lover 65 years after it was written; and When Israel Went Out, retracing the trek undertaking by thousands of Falasha Jewswho walked from Ethiopia to Israel in the 1980s.
RESTORATION (Boker Tov Adon Fidelman)
DUSK (Bein HaShmashot)
A BEAUTIFUL VALLEY (Emek Tiferet)
OBSESSION (Resisei Ahava)
MY LOVELY SISTER (Ahoti HaYafa)
THE FIFTH HEAVEN (Be’rakia HaHamishi)
MELTING AWAY (Namess Ba’Geshem)
THE OTHER SON (Le Fils de l’Autre)
MY AUSTRALIA (Ostralia Sheli)
ROOM 514 (Heder 514)
INVISIBLE (Lo Roim Alaich)
WHEN ISRAEL WENT OUT (Baytzeit Israel)
THE LOST LOVE DIARIES (Yomanei HaAhava HaAvudim)
AND ON THE THIRD DAY (Be Yom HaShlishi) (2010)
OUT OF THE BLUE (Etsba Elohim) (2008)
THE INVESTIGATION MUST GO ON (HaBoleshet Hokeret)
METALLIC BLUES (2004)
- Alliance Francaise French Film Festival 2014 (NSW)
- Alliance Francaise French Film Festival 2014 - Tickets now on Sale! (VIC)
- Alliance Francaise French Film Festival 2014 (ACT)
- Alliance Francaise French Film Festival 2014 (QLD)
- Alliance Francaise French Film Festival 2014 (SA)
- 2014 Audi Festival of German Films (NSW)
- 2014 Audi Festival of German Films (VIC)
- 2014 Audi Festival of German Films Qld (QLD)
- 2014 Audi Festival of German Films (ACT)
- Alliance Francaise French Film Festival 2014 (BYRON)
- Spanish Film Festival 2014 - Presented by Estrella Damm (SA)