Participating Cinemas: Palace Verona
Palace Cinemas is delighted to invite you to spend a special evening at Palace Verona where highly acclaimed director Jonathan Teplitzky and female lead Bojana Novakovic (DRAG ME TO HELL, EDGE OF DARKNESS) will introduce the screening of BURNING MAN and participate in a special Q & A ahead of the film’s national release on 17 November.
BURNING MAN is the reckless, sexy, funny, moving and ultimately life-affirming story of Tom, a British chef in a Bondi restaurant, who seems to have decided there are no longer any rules he needs to obey. Whatever Tom is up to, his actions seem to be tolerated by those around him. As Tom descends into darkness, fragments of a different story begin to emerge. All the women in his world are trying in their own, very different ways to help put him back together.
Directed by Jonathan Teplitzky, BURNING MAN stars Matthew Goode, Bojana Novakovic, Essie Davis, Kerry Fox, Rachel Griffiths, Kate Beahan & introducing Jack Heanly.
Produced by Andy Paterson and Jonathan Teplitzky.
Date: Thursday 13th October
Time: 6.30pm intro with Q & A to follow film screening
Location: Palace Verona Cinemas
Ticket Prices: $13 members/ $18 non-members
JONATHAN TEPLITZKY – Writer/Director/Producer
BURNING MAN is Jonathan Teplitzky's third feature film.
Teplitzky studied film and television at Middlesex University, London, graduating in 1989 with First Class Honours.
After spending more than a decade living and working overseas, he returned to Australia to write and direct his first feature film, Better Than Sex, starring David Wenham and Susie Porter.
The film opened the 2000 Sydney International Film Festival and was selected for the Telluride, Toronto, New York, and London festivals. Better Than Sex was nominated in eight categories at the 2000 AFI awards, including best film, and sold to over fifty countries, premiering in the US in October 2001.
Teplitzky's second feature, Gettin’ Square, starred Sam Worthington (Avatar) and Timothy Spall. The film went on to receive 12 AFI nominations, and was released worldwide to critical acclaim in 2003.
Jonathan has directed more than 100 commercials and music videos and has been represented by internationally renowned production company, Partizan. He has worked as a director of photography and camera operator, reflecting his love of photography and composition. His photographs have been included in several exhibitions in Sydney, London and New York.
He lives in Bondi with his partner and two children.
BOJANA NOVAKOVIC (Sarah)
Bojana Novakovic’s international film credits include Martin Campbell’s political thriller Edge of Darkness, Sam Raimi’s horror thriller Drag Me to Hell and M. Night Shyamalan thriller; Devil.
Her recent independent film credits include Peter Templeman’s Not Suitable for Children, Rolf de Heer’s The King Is Dead and David Mann’s urban study, Generation Um all due for 2012 release.
Bojana also starred in the independent film The Optimists, for director Goran Paskaljevic, which took top awards at several international film festivals, and in Morgan O’Neill’s crime drama Solo, winner of Australia’s Project Greenlight competition. Novakovic’s additional film credits include The Monkey’s Mask, Strange Fits of Passion, the Australian independent film Thunderstruck and the drama Skinning for director Stevan Filipovic.
She is an Australian Film Institute Award recipient for her role in the network drama Marking Time and earned a nomination from the Australian Subscription Television and Radio Association Awards for her role in the Showtime Australia series Satisfaction.
Born in Serbia, Novakovic moved with her family to Australia when she was seven. She began acting at twelve, and was cast in her first film, Blackrock, at fifteen. She studied at the McDonald College in Sydney, and graduated from the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) in 2002.
In addition to her screen and television credits, Bojana has a varied repertoire of theatrical performances and has worked with some of Australia’s most prestigious theatre directors and theatre companies including the Melbourne Theatre Company, the Sydney Theatre Company and Malthouse Theatre. She is a co-founder of Ride On Theatre and has received numerous awards for her work with the company, including Fake Porno, which she adapted, directed and produced, and which opened to critical acclaim in Melbourne, earning three Green Room Award nominations; and Debris, for which she earned two Green Room Award nominations in 2007 as both producer and performer. Ride On Theatre Company’s newest work; The Story of Mary MacLane By Herself, will have its Australian premiere in Melbourne this November.
Among her other notable stage accomplishments are Criminology, Eldorado, and Woyzek for the Malthouse Theatre Company, for which she earned numerous Helpmann Award nominations; Strange Fruit, These People and Away for the Sydney Theatre Company; and Romeo and Juliet, for Bell Shakespeare Company
- Bring Back The Romance of Cinema - New Admission Prices at Barracks & Centro (QLD)
- New York Metropolitan Opera: Winter Encores 2014 (SA)
- Chauvel Cinémathèque (NSW)
- ELECTRIC DISCOUNT MONDAYS (ACT)
- Babes in Arms (QLD)
- Babes In Arms (ACT)
- Babes in Arms at Norton Street (NSW)
- Babes in Arms Melbourne (VIC)
- Movie luncheons (QLD)
- $12 Films - Brown Brothers Prosecco Sessions (QLD)
- Flashback Films Edition Three (VIC)
- Flashback Films Edition Three (NSW)
- Flashback Films Edition Three (QLD)
- Flashback Films Edition Three (ACT)
- DOCTOR WHO - Deep Breath on ExiMax! (SA)
- Doctor Who Deep Breath Cinema Event (QLD)
- Doctor Who: Deep Breath (NSW)
- Doctor Who: Deep Breath (BYRON)
- Doctor Who: Deep Breath (ACT)
- DOCTOR WHO: DEEP BREATH special screening (VIC)
- Vintage Centro: Edition Three Qld (QLD)
- Vintage Classics at Kino (VIC)
- Vintage Classics Edition Two (NSW)
- Vintage Electric Edition Four (ACT)
- ALL THIS MAYHEM [MA15+] - Special Limited Season (SA)
- Magic in the Moonlight - Be transported to the Jazz Age (VIC)
- REEL ANIME: Dragon Ball Z - Battle Of Gods (SA)
- Sunday Serenades at Palace Westgarth (VIC)
- Premiere Thursdays presents What We Do In The Shadows (QLD)
- EXHIBITION: Great Art On Screen Season Two (2014-2015) (SA)
- New York Metropolitan Opera: Winter Encores 2014 (QLD)
- New York Metropolitan Opera: Winter Encores 2014 (NSW)
- THE INFINITE MAN [MA15+] - SA Premiere Meet The Filmmakers Q&A Preview! (SA)
- Royal Shakespeare Company 2013 2014 season (QLD)
- Royal Shakespeare Company Season 2013-2014 (ACT)
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Season 2013-2014 (SA)
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Season 2013-2014 (NSW)
- Britains National Theatre Live Season Six 2014/2015 (QLD)
- Britain's National Theatre Live: Season 6 (2014 - 2015) (BYRON)
- Britain's National Theatre Live: Season 6 (2014 - 2015) (NSW)
- Britain's National Theatre Live: Season Six (2014-2015) (VIC)
- Britain's National Theatre Live: Season Six (2014-2015) (SA)
- BILLY ELLIOTT - The Musical Live (SA)
- Palace Opera & Ballet 2015 - Coming Soon (VIC)
- Björk: BIOPHILIA LIVE (SA)
- New York Metropolitan Opera: Season Nine (2014-2015) (SA)
- New York Metropolitan Opera: Season Nine (2014-2015) (NSW)
- New York Metropolitan Opera: Season Nine 2014 2015 season (QLD)
- THE VATICAN MUSEUMS 3D - Welcome To The Greatest Art Collection In History (ACT)
- THE VATICAN MUSEUMS 3D - Welcome To The Greatest Art Collection In History (SA)
- THE VATICAN MUSEUMS 3D - Welcome To The Greatest Art Collection In History (NSW)
- THE VATICAN MUSEUMS 3D - Welcome To The Greatest Art Collection In History (BYRON)
- The Vatican Museums in 3D and 2D - Welcome to the Greatest Art Collection (QLD)
- Bolshoi Ballet: Season Five (2014-2015) (SA)