Palace Home Cinema
Looking for that cinema fix? Visit Palace Home Cinema for a curated selection of international films to rent from your living room (BYO Popcorn – it’s not as good as ours we know).
Following the latest Government mandate, please be advised Palace Cinemas will be temporarily closed until further notice
For any bookings during lockdown, please note we are attempting to contact you, but if we cannot contact you immediately, rest assured we will resolve your booking soon.
Please note phone calls cannot be answered due to restricted staff allowed at the venue, please email all enquiries where possible.
Stay safe and we’ll be back soon!
A new international research study looking at covid-19 contagion in various indoor spaces found that cinemas are the safest out-of-home indoor activity, when compared to restaurants, classrooms, offices, public transport, supermarkets and gyms – wearing a mask in cinema increased that safety by almost 50 percent.
– Kriegal, M & Hartmann, A 2021
Our Operating Procedures*
Additional Procedures and Services
– In line with government regulations – cinemas within Melbourne will operate with a safe capped capacity. Please note due to the proven safety of cinemas, social distancing has not been required within auditoriums.
– Face-masks are mandatory.
– QR Check-In + additional contact racing methods for faster notice.
– Increased fresh-air rates within the cinemas. Our air regulation systems will provide higher air changes rates within each auditorium, cycling new fresh-air to match the occupancy of each cinema 6 times per hour.
– Hand-sanitiser at every point of service, and a dedicated hand-sanitiser station in every foyer.
– Staggered sessions to reduce foyer congestion between screenings.
– Increased contact surface cleaning.
Online & Phone* Bookings Preference Information
While online & phone booking* will be preferred and prioritised for the majority of patrons, you can still purchase tickets at the bar and box office, but please note that due to limited capacity we may not be able to accommodate you into a session. Contact information will also be required as part of the transaction in line with government regulations. Please also note the following ticket redemptions can only be accepted at points of sale –
– Complimentary Passes
– Distributor Passes
– 2-for-1 Passes
– Film Festival Passes
– Companion Card Holders
– Veterans’ Affairs Card Holders
– Mobility Impaired & Wheelchair Accessible Seating
*For customers that cannot book online but would like to reserve their seat –phone-booking is available during regular business hours. Contact numbers for your local Palace Cinema can be found HERE.
Please note phone calls may be put on hold while staff are serving, we appreciate your patience.
- Kriegal, M & Hartmann, A 2021, COVID-19 contagion via aerosol particles – Comparative evaluation of indoor spaces with regard to the situational R-value, The Technichal University of Berlin, Berlin